“I’ve read all of John Caples’ books and although I believe they are all gems, I think this one is his best. Oddly enough, it’s not the first one most people recommend. You have to also read ‘Tested Advertising Methods’ but if you can’t get that in the 4th edition, I’d get this one first“Carl Galletti
Having won countless awards and made millions of dollars for some of the largest companies in the United States, the author, John Caples compiled the wisdom of his more than 50 years of experience to show you how to write advertising copy that sells anything and everything… how to write headlines that command instant attention…how to save thousands of dollars in expenses each year…and much more.
Containing hundreds of true stories, checklists, and guidelines, this source book is for every copywriter, creative director, and businessman who wants to learn how to write copy that sells…and wants to learn it from a master who most say did it better than anyone.
- Secrets of Successful Advertising
- Twelve Ways to Find Advertising Ideas
- Three Famous Case Histories
- How to Get Ideas from Brainstorming
- 303 Words and Phrases that Sell
- How to Write Sentences that Sell
- Sales Appeals that Last Forever
- How to Write Headlines that Make Money
- How to Use Stories to Sell Products
- Tips on Copywriting
- How Editorial Style Ads Can Bring Increased Sales
- How to Write Sales Letters that Make Money
- How Direct Response Can Help Advertisers Make Money
- Ways to Improve Your Copy
- How to Write Radio Commercials that Get Action
- How to Apply Mail Order Know-How in Writing TV Commercials
- Summing Up My Success Secrets I Have Learned in 50 Years
Meet the Author
John Caples was Vice President of BBDO, Inc. when he retired after 40 years of service with the nation’s third largest advertising agency. The creator of such classic ads as “They Laughed When I Sat Down at the Piano” and “They Grinned When the Waiter Spoke to Me in French,” and a member of the Copywriters’s Halls of Fame, Mr. Caples built a nationwide reputation for his research and scientific methods of testing advertising effectiveness.